Motor Insurance - Market Place
As you drive your vehicle, you need to know that you are protected in case anything happens to you. Better yet, you need to know that your car will be well maintained in the event that something happens while driving. Our motor insurance cover helps you protect you and your vehicle. How do we ensure your safety and your vehicle’s maintenance?
We provide you with financial protection against physical/bodily injury resulting from ownership and/or use of motor vehicles and against liability that could arise from their use. Our motor insurance cover can be used to protect both private and commercial vehicles.
Comprehensive Motor Insurance
Comprehensive Motor insurance is an auto insurance that provides protection to you, your car and third parties against all possible risks. It covers a wide array of events that can damage your car, including vandalism, fires, and rockslides on twisting mountain roads.
This is a cover with the promise of total protection. We will invest our best to offer you the perfect cover to protect your vehicle against financial liabilities arising out of unforeseen contingencies.
WHAT IS COVERED BY COMPREHENSIVE motor INSURANCE?
Comprehensive helps cover damage to your car that's not the result of a collision, such as:
· Natural disasters (like a hurricane or a tornado)
· Falling objects
· Damage done to your car by animals
· A civil disturbance (like a riot that results in damage or destruction of your car)
· In case of vehicle theft, caught on fire, vandalism
· In damage due to natural calamities.
1. Free cover for windscreen, theft of audio and video accessories
2. Free cover for spare wheel, jack and tool box
3. Free cover for protection, recovery & towing after accident
4. Non claim discount – building up to 60% depending on the number of years for not claiming
5. Discount on fleet
6. Full discount on Controlle Technique fees at renewal
7. Flexible premium rates and terms
8. Cover for damage to vehicles in the custody of Motor Trader or Garage
9. Geographical scope – Rwanda, but can be extended to other East African countries on request
10. Authority for emergency repairs up to an agreed limit.
Political Violence and Terrorism Risks
What Do I Need To Get Covered?
Copy of logbook
Copy of PIN Certicicate
Copy of Driving License/Permit
Filled up application form
Upon confirmation of cover and premium payment, we shall then issue the necessary documents.
WHAT'S NOT COVERED?
There are certain risks and situations that are excluded from claim benefits. When you buy Car Insurance, it is important that you know about these inclusions and exclusions in detail so that there is no scope of ambiguity.
Some losses which are not covered by comprehensive car insurance. These are mentioned below:
· Breakdowns Arising from Wear and Tear.
· Intentional Damage
· Personal Injuries
· Drink and Drive: - Damages caused to the car if you or anyone else was caught driving under the influence of alcohol at the time of accident.
· Staged Accidents: - Deliberate accidental loss is not covered. If it is proven that the accident was entirely staged, the claim would be rejected.
· Illegal Activity: - Driving on the wrong side of the road or without a valid license, or if the car’s driven by an underage person.
· Commercial Activity: - Driving your private vehicle for commercial purpose and vice versa
· Other reasons:
· An expired policy, consequential damages, electrical and mechanical failure, regular wear and tear, and driving outside geographical limits are other reasons for claim rejection.
Commercial Motor Insurance
Commercial Motor insurance is the collective name used to describe all of the different types of policy for the different types of vehicles used by businesses for commercial purposes including, lorries, vans, minibuses, trucks, tippers and Heavy goods vehicle - HGVs .
It also covers Fleet insurance too which is aimed at businesses with two or more vehicles.
WHAT IS COVERED BY COMmercial motor INSURANCE?
- Vehicle damages as a result of an accident
- Theft of the vehicle
- Damage to vehicle due to accidental fire
- Damage of property belonging to third parties
- Bodily harm to third parties
- Damage to car accessories that had been declared when the policy was bought
Consequential Legal fees incurred with permission from the insurer.
Additional Benefits You Can Pay For
Political Violence And Terrorism Risks
Third Party Insurance
Third Party Insurance can be Third Party, Fire & Theft (TP&FT), or Third Party Only (TPO). The main difference between these is the scope of the cover that the insured party enjoys, with the minimum legal requirement being the TPO.
This covers the insured from liability arising out of the damage to third party persons and injuries caused by the insured vehicle in the use for which it is insured.